About Axl Bael
A Registered Electrical Engineer with around 4 years of experience as a quantity surveyor in consulting firms working on high-rise vertical construction projects and Shell retail stations.
I have solid experience in Quantity Take-offs for BOQ preparation, evaluation of bids submitted by bidders for the electrical work packages of the project, reconciled contractors’ claim for progress billing and variation orders, requesting quotations from suppliers for cost preparation and reference, initiated cost studies at the clients’ request, and performed Value Engineering for cost adjustments.
I have an adept use of Bluebeam Revu software for my quantity take-offs, but I am also slightly familiar with Cubicost, and PlanSwift.
2022 - Present
Meinhardt Philippines Inc.
Co-terminus with Shell Mobility Program
– Performed quantity takeoff of material and labor items from FCDs for preparation of estimates of the construction/renovation of Shell retail stations.
– Evaluated tenders received from contractors during tendering process for endorsement to Shell.
– Negotiated & reconciled variation claims with contractors alongside the project management team.
– Reviewed plans & specifications to define scopes of work.
2019 - 2022
Rider Levett Bucknall Philippines Inc.
– Conduct quantity Take-off and estimate on the various stages of the project
– Advice, coordinate with and assist the PM/ CM in establishing and maintaining bid documentation and tendering procedures through preparation of bid packages and standard bid documents.
– Represent Bid conferences and project meetings, analyze tender submissions, prepares bid evaluation reports and recommend tender awards for bid negotiations.
– Prepare and evaluate monthly billing statements submitted by the contractors/evaluate and transact variation/change order claims.
– Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, Architects, Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on any changes and/ or adjustments to cost estimates through maintaining a directory of project consultants, Designers and owner’s contacts and representatives.
– Crown Regency Grand Paradise Bohol
– BE Residences Lahug
– Mandani Bay Quay-Phase 2 – P12-Billion 4-tower development
– BDO Cebu Fuente Tower