About Josephine Asuncion
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with more than 19 years of experience in corporate accounting and financial advisory. Highly analytical, results driven accounting specialist skilled at working efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines.
2020 - Present
Sun Life of Canada (Phils.), Inc.
– Assists clients with their taxes, retirement savings, investment and insurance needs by evaluating current standing and advising on appropriate solutions.
– Maintains productive open relationships to determine financial goals of the client and develops client-specific growth plans.
2020 - Present
Tax Consultant / Bookkeeper
– Assists clients in planning and structuring tax efficient business transactions.
– Manages all aspects of bookkeeping from data entry to reconciling of accounts and tax filing.
2011 - Present
Motorola Solutions (Phils.), Inc
– Managed accounting activities to ensure compliance with accounting principles, policies and external audits.
– Prepared and analyzed the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statements, and variance narratives.
– Owned monthly analysis of GL reconciliation, and performed adjustments as needed.
– Performed tax planning on domestic tax issues and support other accounting and tax efforts to meet local and international tax requirements.
– Ensured periodic and quarterly tax filings are performed timely and accurately.
– Provided assistance with annual statutory audit, tax return audits and compliance reports.
– Managed AR aging and sent statements to customers on a regular basis. Assisted with AR collections and regular follow up with customers on payments.
– Executed timely processing of vendor invoices, check requests and employee expense reports.
2003 - 2010
Philam Properties Corporation
– Handled, processed and maintained all vendor and customer files and transactions.
– Managed short- term investment portfolios and responsible for all the transactions to short -term investments and reconciliations of the monthly investment and bank statements.
– Prepared and filed all tax returns in accordance with the applicable Internal Revenue Code.
– Prepared quarterly/annual financial statements and performed variance analysis between financial statements.
– Provided support to both internal and external auditors for SOX and Financial audits on a quarterly basis.
2003 - 2005
Wan Hai Lines (Phils.), Inc.
– Provided efficient customer service by processing cash and check transactions quickly and accurately.
– Reconciled cash register by balancing all cash and checks at the end of the day.